August, 2013 – Carlo Gavazzi is proud to announce the launch of a new range of Background Suppression (BGS) Photoelectric Sensors in the popular PA18 and PH18 housings. This allows for precise distance detection and distinction between a target and its background, with the flexibility of an industry standard housing.
The detection principle is based on an Active Pixel Sensor (APS) CMOS array consisting of 64 x 1 sensors, where each pixel represents a specific position of the detected object. This offers an accurate sensing distance regardless of object color, allowing the sensor to be used on a variety of applications. These sensors have also been designed to avoid any false detection caused by lighting or electromagnetic interference, thus reducing system maintenance and increasing the application up-time. Furthermore, thanks to the efficient spherical lens design, this range has a longer sensing distance compared to the other background suppression sensors available on the market today.
Technical specifications include:
- Sensing range: 200 mm
- Power supply: 10 to 30 VDC
- Output current rating: 100 mA; Output voltage drop: 2.0 VDC @ 100mA
- Normally Open and Normally Closed outputs in the same housing
- PNP or NPN versions
- Short-circuit, reverse polarity, and overload protection
- Temperature range: -25°C to +60°C
- Pre-cabled or M12 quick disconnect
- ECOLAB approved, CE-marked and cULus approved according to UL508
For more information about these sensors, please click on any of the links below: